Signs People In Rockville Need Electrocardiogram (EKG) for Heart Assessment
An electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) is a non-invasive medical test that records the heart’s activity over a predetermined period. Electrodes are applied to the chest to assess the heart’s rate, and electrical pattern. EKGs help in the diagnosis of illnesses and arrhythmias, as well as other cardiac issues. This knowledge helps medical professionals in Rockville to determine heart health and develop appropriate treatment strategies.
For Rockville EKG service, you can contact Quality Primary Care. They have digital EKG machines that provide authentic and precise reports for better treatment. With the help of medical physician Dr. Suresh Malik and his team, a report is derived through the digital EKG method and forwarded to a cardiologist for analysis and a personal treatment plan.
Table of Contents
Indications You Need EKG
- Continuous chest pain, tightness, or discomfort can indicate a blockage in the artery or a mild heart problem. EKG in a clinic in Rockville can help assess proper heart functioning.
- Breathlessness or shortness of breath, especially when exercising, may indicate cardiovascular problems.
- An EKG should be used to estimate palpitations and irregular or rapid heartbeats.
- Frequent episodes of fainting or dizziness may be a sign of developing heart rhythm problems.
- High blood pressure may indicate hidden cardiac problems and necessitate EKG monitoring.
- EKG monitoring is increased if there is a possibility of a family history of heart disease or sudden cardiac events.
- Individuals with diabetes are more likely to experience heart issues and may require routine EKG checks.
- Before surgeries, EKGs are regularly carried out to monitor heart health and prevent problems on the operation table.
- EKG evaluations are necessary in older adults and post-menopausal women, as they are more prone to heart problems.
- Patients with unexplained fatigue should get an EKG, especially if it comes with other symptoms.
- Individuals with existing cardiac issues require routine EKGs to monitor the health of their hearts.
Your doctor will inquire about the medication you take (if any) to ensure it won’t affect the EKG report. You need not make any dietary or lifestyle changes before the test.
Electrodes are placed on your chest during the EKG test. You must stay still during the test because movements can affect the results.
You don’t need to make any adjustment to your normal routine following an EKG. Your report will be evaluated and shared with you by your doctor from Rockville clinic. You might have to undergo more new tests if test results are abnormal or incorrect. However, if you have a cardiac condition, your doctor will discuss your treatment choices.
EKG or ECG is a simple test that doesn’t require any proper planning. However, consult with your cardiologist in Rockville for a proper diagnosis.