Skin Tightening: Where Youth Meets Firmness
Skin sagging can make you look old and can give way to several signs of aging, like wrinkles and fine lines. This results in lower self-esteem due to your unaesthetic appearance.
skin tightening Forest Hills consist of a team of experienced medical dermatologists and cosmetologists who offer innovative skin tightening procedure with Exilis Ultra.
Table of Contents
An introduction to skin tightening
Skin tightening is a noninvasive treatment to firm sagging skin that gives you a more youthful appearance. This involves using a special device that emits radiofrequency energy that generates heat. The heat penetrates deep into your skin layers and performs two main functions, namely:
- Shrinks excess fat cells at the targeted site
- Boosts the production of collagen and elastin. These proteins provide strength and flexibility to your skin cells, thereby firming them.
The areas treated by skin tightening
Skin tightening treatment is beneficial to help tighten the skin around your:
Potential benefits of skin tightening
Exillis ultra system is a popular radiofrequency skin tightening system with the following benefits:
- Provides results of a facelift without the need for surgery
- Scientifically proven procedure
- Yields natural-looking results
- Quick and relatively painless procedure
- Less invasive
- Improves muscle tone
- No discomfort or downtime
- Quick recovery, you can resume your routine activities right away.
Skin tightening procedure
Before the procedure, your doctor examines your skin and discusses your expectations.
- Skin tightening is an outpatient procedure that may or may not involve topical anesthesia.
- Your doctor will sterilize the area of concern using an antiseptic solution.
- Then a hand-held device is used and run over the targeted areas.
- This device emits radio waves, which heat the tissue beneath. The heat stimulates new collagen production.
- You may experience mild tingling sensation or discomfort that usually resolves over a period of time.
- The entire procedure takes around 30 to 45 minutes, which feels like a hot stone massage.
The number of sessions required depends on several factors, such as:
- Areas of your skin to be treated
Generally, your doctor may recommend a series of 2 to 4 treatment sessions spaced 7 to 10 days apart. You may notice results within 2 to 6 months, which reveal a beautiful, flawless, and tightened skin. The results may last for 1 to 3 years, depending on your skin care routine.
Skin tightening is a popular cosmetic treatment. It yields a more youthful appearance without the need for surgical intervention, like a facelift. The radiofrequency energy emits heat to boost new collagen and elastin production to tighten your sagging skin.
However, to maintain the results of skin tightening, ensure you practice a good skincare routine.