Achieving healthy teeth is no piece of cake. It can take a lifetime of care. So even though you have been told over and over again, that you have got really nice teeth, don’t get carried away. It is absolutely crucial to take care of them on a daily basis so that you may avert future problems arising from dental issues at least. This involves getting the right oral care products, as well as being mindful of your daily habits.
Here are the steps for maintaining good teeth:
- Brush your teeth before hitting the bed at night – It helps get rid of germs and plaque that accumulate throughout the day
- Brush properly – Moving the toothbrush slowly and gently, in circular motions helps in removing plaque. Unremoved plaque can harden, causing calculus build-up and gingivitis
- Don’t neglect your tongue – It can lead to bad mouth odour and other oral health problems
- Flossing is just as important – It stimulates the gums, reduces plaque and help lower inflammation
- Drink more water – It helps to wash out some of the negative effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages in between brushes
- Include crunchy fruits and vegetables in your diet – It not only contains more healthy fibre but is also the best choice for your teeth
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year – They will remove calculus and look for cavities and will also be able to spot potential issues and offer treatment solutions
Complete Denture Care at Wantirna is considered among the best dental care specialists in the entire Melbourne. The highly qualified dental technician and prosthetist, Mr. George Kotsifakis along with his caring team will leave no stone unturned when it comes to offering personalized and professional treatment in creating your best-looking smile. Having built expertise in offering dentures, they go to great lengths in restoring your perfect smile. A free initial consultation ensures you thoroughly understand the different alternatives available and discuss the treatment plan that will best suit your individual denture needs. There are different types of dentures available, ranging from partial dentures, full dentures, and implant dentures using materials such as acrylic, metal, and flexible nylon. The popular partial dentures offered by Complete Denture are Acrylic Partial Dentures and Metal Partial Dentures.
Acrylic Partial Dentures:
They are a simple and affordable solution for replacing one or more missing teeth, especially in situations where natural remaining teeth are healthy and can be used as anchorage. Usually designed to match the existing set of teeth and in most cases, metal clasps are incorporated to create a comfortable and stable fit.
Benefits of Acrylic Partial Dentures:
- Easy to make adjustments, modify or even add as the need may arise
- Looks very real and appealing due to its gum-like appearance/colour
- Easy to take in and out
Metal Partial Dentures:
They are useful while replacing a number of missing teeth. The false teeth are attached onto a cobalt chrome based framework using acrylic. Owing to the strength of the cobalt chrome, the framework is much thinner and less bulky and more comfortable in comparison to the acrylic partial dentures.
Benefits of Metal Partial Dentures:
- Secure and more comfortable
- Durable and won’t fracture easily
- Less porous and hence easier to clean